2022 IFCA Slalom European Champions have been awarded during the ENEL 2022 IFCA JYM SLALOM EUROPEANS which was held from 8th through the 12th of June.
The beautiful location of Sotto Torre, Calasetta Isola di Sant’Antioco, Sardegna, Italy has provided 3 non stop days of racing in a mixture of conditions with a cozy and laid back atmosphere, it was all about great slalom racing battles with lots of smiles, happiness and gratitude at the end of each event day including the closing ceremony.
THANK YOU, IT WAS GREAT
ENEL, Comune di Calasetta, Local Organizers & crew, the media gang. Said Class executive member Tine Slabe who played a key role in coordinating and communications
The 2022 Slalom European Windsurfing Champions
YOUTH WOMEN PODIUM
1. JUSTINE LEMETEYER FRA-171 | European Champion
2. MA DAVICO FRA-203 | Vice European Champion
3. ELIF ERCAN TUR-571 3rd Place
YOUTH MEN PODIUM
1. JOHAN SØE DEN-37 | European Champion
2. NOAH VINTHER DEN-7777 | Vice European Champion
3. CYRIL EVRARD BEL-250 3rd Place
JUNIOR GIRLS PODIUM
1. ELIF ERCAN TUR-571 | European Champion
2. MIMOSA MERONI ITA-827| Vice European Champion
3. BROTSCHI-EIBEL LOLA FRA-947 3rd Place
JUNIOR BOYS PODIUM
1. BAPTISTE GROUEIX FRA-6841 | European Champion
2. OZAN ÖZAY TUR-905 | Vice European Champion
3. ELIAS JESPERSEN DEN-43 3rd Place
1. HELGE WILKENS GER-63 | European Champion
2. GIORGI GIORGIO ITA-125 | Vice European Champion
3. OLIVER SCHOTT GER-26 3rd Place
IT HAS BEEN ONE OF MY BEST EVENTS IN ITALY
The man in charge on the water, the experience Principal Race Officer Mr. Claudio Allesandrello was another key person during this championship. With his broad knowledge on the local forecast he knew exactly when to start racing or when to cancel or simply when to call it off at the end of each day.
This Championship saw a total of 97 finished heats, 9 general recalls, 3x N flags. Calasetta delivered yet a no Wind day and Beach Activities concluded the last competition day followed by the awards ceremony down town of Calasetta on the main city square – surrounded by a flair of music performances, traditional cuisine and local handcrafts – it was the center stage of the Calasetta Water Sport Festival. With already 2 successful Class Championship windsurfing events held in Calasetta, the water sport will continue to include windsurfing as pat of their program. Its been a real pleasure and we cant wait to return for some more cozy action.